Applications are now being accepted for select instruments – Please see the homepage
There will be no audition for the general application, only for section leader positions!
Please read all of the application information prior to filling out your application. There will be a small fee increase for uniforms. If this is concerning for your family please consider applying to our bursaries or discussing this with the Executive Director
To apply for a position with the NSJWE please fill out the application form and have your band director or private teacher fill out their reference form. Applications are open to students in grade 6 through High School.
- Application forms MUST be submitted online prior to midnight May 31, 2023
- Membership fees are $175 for all applicants and will be due before August 1st 2023. Fees are not due with the NSJWE application.
- Our uniform requires an NSJWE polo shirt. If you require this item, please include an additional $30 with your membership fee.
- Once the deadline has passed you will be contacted to confirm your application has been completed, and your teacher reference form has been submitted. If you are unable to get a reference please contact email@example.com.
- Once you have been accepted your fees will be due before August 1st 2023. These may be paid via e-transfer or cheque. Please note once accepted, all fee’s are non refundable. The NSJWE offers several bursaries as well, please check out the bursary page for details.
- Fees can be paid via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late applications will be subject to a $10 administration fee
- Online application form completed by May 31st, 2023
- Teacher Reference form completed by May 31st, 2023
- If you are interested in a section leader position please also forward a video of you performing your favorite solo piece(s) by May 31st, 2023 to email@example.com.
Section Leader Auditions
All auditions will be submitted via recording. This allows musicians to give themselves multiple opportunities to show us their best work.
Often band teachers will be able to help with recording these auditions. If you chose to do it on your own you may use any recording software you have access to.
You may send your audio file as one continuous audio file or you may save each piece as their own audio file. In either option please name your files with your name and a description.
- ie. bethgillis_fullaudition.mp3 OR bethgillis_GMinuetinG.mp3
During your recording please state the follow:
- At the beginning of your recording please state your full name, age, school you will attend next year
- Before the piece, please indicate the title and composer. If your piece/s come from a method book please indicate which method book it is from.
Suggested recording software:
- Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/)
- Fruity Loops (http://fl-studio.en.softonic.com/)
- Sound Recorded- This program is built into Windows operating systems
- QuickTime- This program is built into Mac operating systems
- Or your favorite phone app
- The video or camera app on your phone