» Application Information
NSJWE will be accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Season from March 2nd – May 30th, 2020
Please read all of the audition information prior to filling out your application.
***Auditions are open to students in grade 6 through High School.***
Auditions may be shared via google drive, drop box or email to email@example.com
- Application forms MUST be submitted online.
- Fees are $150 for all applicants and will be due UPON ACCEPTANCE INTO THE NSJWE in June. Fee’s are no longer due with the NSJWE application.
- Our uniform requires an NSJWE sweatshirt. If you require this item, please include an additional $25 with your application fee in June.
- For students accepted into the ensemble, fees are due (via email money transfer) by August 1st after all positions are filled and confirmed. Students will received their acceptance letters via email in late May or Early June. Once students fill out and return their acceptance form, their fees will be due. All fee’s must be received and processed by August 1st, 2019. Please note once accepted, all fee’s are non refundable. The NSJWE offers several bursaries as well, please check out the bursary page for details.
There is no longer an audition fee for the NSJWE- Late applications will be subject to a $10 administration fee.
- Online application form
- Provided technical, repertoire, and scale material as per your instrument- submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th, 2020. All auditions should be recorded with video and audio qualities.
- Teacher Reference
All auditions will be submitted via recording. This allows musicians to give themselves multiple opportunities to show us their best work. Audition must follow all of the steps above, however your audition may be pre-recorded and emailed to us.
Often band teachers will be able to help with recording these auditions. If you chose to do it on your own you may use any recording software you have access to however
You may send your audio file as one continuous audio file or you may save each scale and piece as their own audio file. In either option please name your files with your name and a description.
- ie. bethgillis_fullaudition.mp3 OR bethgillis_GMajorScale.mp3
During your recording please state the follow:
- At the beginning of your recording please state your full name, age, school you will attend next year
- Before each scale please indicate which one you are performing. Please perform as many octaves as possible. This will help you demonstrate the range you have on your instrument.
- Before each piece please indicate the title and composer of each piece. If your pieces come from a method book please indicate which method book it is from.
Suggested recording software: