» Application Information
NSJWE will be accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Season from March 20- June 7, 2021
For a limited time only there will be no audition for the general application, only for section leader positions!
Please read all of the application information prior to filling out your application.
To apply for a position with the NSJWE please fill out the application form and have your band director or private teacher fill out their reference form. Applications are open to students in grade 6 through High School.
- Application forms MUST be submitted online prior to midnight June 7, 2021
- Fees are $150 for all applicants and will be due UPON ACCEPTANCE INTO THE NSJWE in late June. Fee’s are not due with the NSJWE application.
- Our uniform requires an NSJWE polo shirt. If you require this item, please include an additional $25 with your application fee in Auguest.
- Once the deadline has passed you will be contacted to confirm your application has been completed, and your teacher reference form has been submitted. If you are unable to get a reference please contact email@example.com. Once you have been contacted your fee’s will be due before Auguest 1st 2021. These may be paid for via e-transfer or cheque. Please note once accepted, all fee’s are non refundable. The NSJWE offers several bursaries as well, please check out the bursary page for details.
There is no longer an application fee for the NSJWE- Late applications will be subject to a $10 administration fee.
- Online application form completed by June 7, 2021
- Teacher Reference form completed by June 7, 2021
- If you are interested in a section leader position please also forward a video of you performing your favourite solo piece by June 7, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Section Leader Auditions
All auditions will be submitted via recording. This allows musicians to give themselves multiple opportunities to show us their best work. Audition must follow all of the steps above, however your audition may be pre-recorded and emailed to us.
Often band teachers will be able to help with recording these auditions. If you chose to do it on your own you may use any recording software you have access to however
You may send your audio file as one continuous audio file or you may save each scale and piece as their own audio file. In either option please name your files with your name and a description.
- ie. bethgillis_fullaudition.mp3 OR bethgillis_GMajorScale.mp3
During your recording please state the follow:
- At the beginning of your recording please state your full name, age, school you will attend next year
- Before each scale please indicate which one you are performing. Please perform as many octaves as possible. This will help you demonstrate the range you have on your instrument.
- Before each piece please indicate the title and composer of each piece. If your pieces come from a method book please indicate which method book it is from.
Suggested recording software: