NSJWE will be accepting applications for the 2018-19 Season from March 4th – April 15th, 2018
Please read all the below audition information prior to filling out your application.
***Auditions are open to students in grade 6 through High School.***
Auditions may be shared via google drive to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application forms MUST be submitted online.
- Fees are $150 for all applicants and will be due UPON ACCEPTANCE INTO THE NSJWE in June. Fee’s are no longer due with the NSJWE application.
- Our uniform requires an NSJWE sweatshirt. If you require this item, please include an additional $25 with your application fee in June.
- For students accepted into the ensemble, fees are due (via email money transfer) by August 1st after all positions are filled and confirmed. Students will received their acceptance letters via email in late May or Early June. Once students fill out and return their acceptance form, their fee’s will be due. All fee’s must be received and processed by August 1st, 2018. Please note once accepted, all fee’s are non refundable.
There is no longer an audition fee for the NSJWE- Late applications will be subject to a $10 administration fee.
- One short challenging excerpts from a method book or band music of your choice. (30-50 measures)
- Concert Bb, Eb, and F Major scales as well as the Bb Chromatic Scale, in two octaves where possible (Scales should be from memory).
- Teacher Reference Form.
- Recordings should be video and audio.
Percussionists should prepare an excerpt on snare drum and one on mallets as well as the above scales on a mallet instrument.
All auditions will be submitted via recording. This allows musicians to give themselves multiple opportunities to show us their best work. Audition must follow all of the steps above, however your audition may be pre-recorded and emailed to us.
Often band teachers will be able to help with recording these auditions. If you chose to do it on your own you may use any recording software you have access to however
You may send your audio file as one continuous audio file or you may save each scale and piece as their own audio file. In either option please name your files with your name and a description.
- ie. bethgillis_fullaudition.mp3 OR bethgillis_GMajorScale.mp3
During your recording please state the follow:
- At the beginning of your recording please state your full name, age, school you will attend next year
- Before each scale please indicate which one you are performing. Please perform as many octaves as possible. This will help you demonstrate the range you have on your instrument.
- Before each piece please indicate the title and composer of each piece. If your pieces come from a method book please indicate which method book it is from.
Suggested recording software: